Kerikeri Mission Station
The Kerikeri Mission Station is also known as Kemp house. It is located 5 minutes from Kerikeri's main street, and next to the Kerikeri Stone Store.
Completed in 1822 Kemp House is the oldest surviving building in New Zealand. The house was lived in by only a few families in its lifetime.
In 1832, the Kemp Family moved in. The Kemps eventually moved out.... but 142 years later! Ernest Kemp passed away in 1974 and the house was gifted to New Zealand Historic Places Trust.